Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Little Saturday


Weekend's a comin'

Situated right in the middle of a working week, Wednesday is my Little Saturday.

People start to relax in anticipation of the weekend. Monday and its consequence (also known as Tuesday), have passed with or without incident, and one can breathe out again.
Even social activities seem to be better from Wednesday onward. Wednesday brings a whole new week of possibility.

While I was still working full-time, I used to love a Wednesday almost more than a Friday.

Friday is it. If you haven't planned your weekend by Friday, it is pretty much a write-off (especially as you get older). By Friday you have to be weekend-ready. Same with Monday. If you are not tired and dishevelled on Monday, it can be a terrible day!

So, besides Saturday (which remains the GREATEST), Wednesday is the second greatest day of the week!

So in honour of Little Saturday, I post a sketch which is a composite of a hand drawn illustration and part of a photograph.
All were scanned into photoshop, composited and printed onto paper. Then I used crayons and ink over the print.

Lucky Little Saturday to all!

1 comment:

  1. I love the feel of this. What a terrific technique! I want to try it. I need a mini-Saturday!

    ReplyDelete