Sunday, April 02, 2006

Southern Cape


In February this year I spent some time with family at the Southern most point of Africa. L'Agulhas.
These paintings represent a few spots around this area and I attach great sentimental value to them.
The Lighthouse in Agulhas is a well-known landmark of the region.
The small boat (also called a 'chukkie') is found in the harbour of Struisbaai (+/-10km from Agulhas) and I really love this bustling little the fishing town.
The "Farm Stall" as it is known, is situated +/- 45km inland from the coast in a quaint little town called Napier. Inhabited by many artists and writers, I often found myself wandering through its quiet streets and listening to the silence.
'Cottage for rent' is a small cottage on the beachfront where I would one day like to spend some time painting.
For now, however, I must blog and draw and market...and blog and draw and paint and market...you know the cycle!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Elize :-) Thank you so much for your nice comments on my blog, I'm really glad you dropped by, or else I would have never seen your amazing art! I just fell in love with your paintings, what medium do you use?

    ReplyDelete